Tuesday 8 June 2010

Debriefing: The first exhibition of the series

So, the first big night was gone. It was quite interesting, to say the least. It had it's ups and downs but all in all it went fairly well. The downside of being me is that i'm never going to be happy with what i do and will get annoyed with pretty much anything that goes wrong. The first thing that made me smile is that we had tickets - literally tickets with the exhibition's name and everything (they were all sold out - i managed to save this one from under one of the seats, after the show ended):



I got pissed off at some things. It was nobody's fault really. It was an experimental evening, as it were, so things were bound to go wrong at some things. Anyways, we had excellent lighting (with small exceptions), and a great movie - everyone loved it.

My girlfriend performed brilliantly, as usual (on some accounts people began crying) so yes, it was very very good, music wise. It took me a while to calm down, as i was paying attention to every little derail that anyone made and i treated it as the end of the damn world. Dana on stage:



We got some good feedback - well, decent, not good. I need people to leave speechless so i have a long day to go. I do wish more people would have walked around to see the images from up close. That was really my biggest regret, that the kind of missed the whole point of the first-private-view-part of the event. Of course, i shall conclude with a small image that feeds my ego: